layout


Thursday, March 25, 2010

Post # 1

I keep deleting and retyping this post. Which is really funny because no one knows this blog exists and most likely no one will read it. Scott and I (Janelle)started this blog to be a landing place of all things we find interesting. This pretty much means it will center around food.


I love cooking and earning a degree in food science only increased the geeky side of my food love. Scott is a chemist who enjoys trying new food and perfecting recipes such as his winter chili. We tend to take pictures of our food when out on a date instead of taking pictures of each other. Go figure. I'm sure this blog will not be solely devoted to food but it will probably take up the most room :-) We think it would be neat to some day start up a small bakery but that is a scary thought because the start up cost is high and there is no guarantee of success or even of earning back your start-up costs. So for now we will enjoy small culinary adventures in our own apartment kitchen. Some of the food adventure 'projects' we are currently working on are:

-- Naturally carbonated rootbeer (carbonation through fermentation)
-- Yogurt
-- Kombucha

apparently fermentation is a current topic of interest :-)

I hope to make a batch of yogurt tonight or tomorrow and perhaps I will actually remember to take some picture that I can post of the process. So until I have yogurt pictures, I bid you all Adieu.

--Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment